Cruden Bay were founded in 1934. The Club initially played in the Buchan Welfare League and during this time they won the league title in the mid 50's and mid 80's. In 1990 the Club joined Division 7 in Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association where they gained consecutive promotions up to Division 3. During this time they played their games at Mill Park.
In 1995 the Club decided to join the Junior ranks and as a result of this they moved to the newly built ground named Bayfield on the outskirts of the village. During the period from 1995 to 2000 the Club enjoyed a range of success both in the league and cups winning the old East Region Division 1 title twice, The Acorn Cup and the Morrison Cup three times. During this time also the ground was renamed Watson Park after Jimmy Watson, who had been an ardent sponsor and supporter of the club for many years.
Since 2000 the club struggled to survive, however since 2009 under new management and the formation of a new local committee the club has been transformed with improvements on and off the field giving the club a new vision and purpose.